Weather Alert: Seasonal Rainfall and Flash Flooding U.S. Embassy Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Location: Cote d’Ivoire
Seasonal heavy rains may cause flash flooding throughout Cote d’Ivoire without warning. Travel may continue to be affected throughout the rainy season which usually ends in October. Due to heavy rains, there is the potential for landslides, flash floods, riverbank erosion, bridge washouts, and property damage. Roads may be suddenly closed and stay closed for indefinite periods of time, especially in more remote areas.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the affected areas and routes. Find alternative routes to your destination.
- Monitor local media and government agencies.
- Keep friends and family informed of your safety.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Flash floods can occur without warning.
- Do not drive through deep or fast moving water.
U.S. Embassy Abidjan
BP 730 Abidjan Cidex 03
Republic of Cote d’Ivoire
U.S. Citizens with emergencies: (+225) 2249 4103
Outside of Embassy Hours: (+225) 2249 4450
- State Department – Consular Affairs: +1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Cote d’Ivoire Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter