ABIDJAN – The United States Embassy in Côte d’Ivoire has launched a month of programming to encourage debate and discussion surrounding entrepreneurship and its contribution to expanding economic opportunity in Côte d’Ivoire. “Start Your Own Business” month features book discussions, conferences with Ivoirian entrepreneurs, and a Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) on the theme, “Researching Financial Options.” All events are open to the public.
“This month of activities will help to provide useful, hands-on information to Ivoirian entrepreneurs who aspire to start their own business,” Ambassador to Côte d’Ivoire Terence McCulley said. “In my travels in Côte d’Ivoire, I have found many ambitious young Ivoirians with exciting ideas who are looking for ways to move ahead and become a part of growing the Ivoirian economy. These programs through the U.S. Embassy can help make it happen.”
The programs will cover a variety of important issues such as financing a business and addressing challenges of starting up, particularly those faced by female entrepreneurs.
The full program schedule can be found below. All events are open to the public and the media is invited to attend.
- Wednesday, October 8 at 14h30 – Book discussion: Le gène de l’innovateur at AIBS
- Thursday, October 9 at 14h30 – DVD Presentation: “Starting and Running your Own Business” Part 1 at the Université Felix Houphouët-Boigny
- Thursday, October 16 at 14h30 – IRC conference on entrepreneurship, “Rework: Réussir autrement”
- Friday, October 17 at 14h00 – DVD Presentation: “Starting and Running your own Business” Part 2 at the Universite Felix Houphouet Boigny
- Thursday, October 23 at 14h30 – Webchat on “Women and Entrepreurship” in the Embassy IRC and at AIBS and INSTEC Treichville.
- Thursday, October 30 at 09h00 – Workshop on Entrepreneurship (Ideation – Finance and Hard Work)
- Thursday, October 30 at 14h30 – Book of the Month program on Le gène de l’innovateur
- Friday, October 31 at 11h00 – Closing ceremonies and certificate distribution for the Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) “Finding Funding: How can you find funding to start or grow your business?”