U.S. Embassy Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
The Government of Côte d’Ivoire re-issued a Health State of Emergency from January 21 through February 28, calling for stronger enforcement of protective health measures. Social distancing and a reduction in non-essential movements are encouraged. Face masks/cloth face coverings remain mandatory in all public spaces, including vehicles.
Since the start of the pandemic, Côte d’Ivoire has reported 26,850 confirmed cases of COVID-19 (24,762 recovered, 146 deceased, and 1,942 active) within its borders, as of January 24.
Effective January 21, all inbound and outbound airline travelers to/from Côte d’Ivoire are required to present negative COVID-19 PCR test results dated no more than five days before their arrival/departure in country.
Effective January 26, all airline passengers to the United States ages two years and older must provide a negative COVID-19 viral test taken within three calendar days before their flight departs from a foreign country. Alternatively, travelers to the U.S. may provide documentation from a licensed health care provider of having recovered from COVID-19 in the 90 days preceding travel.
If you are arriving to the U.S. via one or more connecting flights, your test must be done in the 3 days before the first flight in your itinerary, but only if the connecting flights were booked as a single passenger record with a final destination in the U.S. and each connection (layover) is no longer than 24 hours long. If your connecting flight to the U.S. was booked separately or a connection in your itinerary lasts longer than 24 hours, you will need to get tested within the 3 days before your flight that arrives in the U.S. See the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions.
Actions to Take:
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Côte d’Ivoire.
- Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
- U.S. Embassy Abidjan
- BP 730 Abidjan Cidex 03
- Republic of Côte d’Ivoire
- U.S. Citizens with emergencies: (+225) 2249 4000
- Outside of Embassy Hours: (+225) 2249 4450
- State Department – Consular Affairs: +1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Côte d’Ivoire Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter