The U.S. Embassy wishes to inform U.S. citizens that a national Referendum is scheduled for October 30 and Legislative Elections are expected to occur December 18. Although there have been no specific incidents of violence or threats targeting U.S. citizens, the Embassy urges U.S. citizens to exercise caution leading up to, during, and following the Referendum and Legislative Elections.
Review your personal security plans, remain aware of your surroundings, including local events, and monitor local news stations for updates. Be vigilant and take appropriate steps to enhance your personal security.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Cote d’Ivoire Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Cote d’Ivoire, located in the Riviera Golf neighborhood of the Cocody section of Abidjan, at +225 22-49-40-00, 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +225-22-49-44-50.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.