The U.S. Embassy reminds U.S. citizens residing or traveling in Côte d’Ivoire that Abidjan will be hosting the Francophone Games from July 21-30, 2017. U.S. citizens should expect large crowds, traffic disruptions, and enhanced security throughout the city during this time.
Information on the Francophone Games is available at the event website: www.abidjan2017.ci
- exercising caution and being aware of your surroundings;
- monitoring media and local news;
- being flexible with travel plans;
- reporting specific safety concerns to local law enforcement authorities;
- staying in touch with your family members and ensuring they know how to reach you in the event of an emergency;
- enrolling in the Smart Traveler-Enrollment Program (STEP).
We wish everyone involved in the Games a safe and successful experience!
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Côte d’Ivoire Country Specific Information.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Abidjan, located in the Riviera Golf neighborhood of the Cocody section, at +225 22-49-40-00, 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is +225-22-49-44-50.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.