The U.S. Embassy strongly encourages U.S. citizens maintain a high level of vigilance during the holiday season. At this time of the year, you may expect to see increases in robberies and petty crimes as well as banditry on travels upcountry.
Review your personal security plans; remain aware of your surroundings, including local events; and monitor local news stations for updates. Maintain a high level of vigilance and take appropriate steps to enhance your personal security.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts and Côte d’Ivoire Country Specific Information. For additional information, refer to the “Traveler’s Checklist” on the State Department’s website.
- Enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) at travel.state.gov to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. embassy in Côte d’Ivoire, located in the Riviera Golf neighborhood of the Cocody section of Abidjan, at +225-22-49-40-00, 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday, and 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Friday. After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizen is+225-22-49-44-50.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.