Security Alert: U.S. Embassy Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
The U.S. Embassy is aware of credible terrorist threats against facilities and commercial venues frequented by Westerners in and around Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire, during the holiday season. In response, the U.S. Embassy has increased its security posture and advised its personnel to maintain heightened awareness while engaged in daily activities. U.S. citizens are also advised to exercise increased caution while in country. Routine operations at the U.S. Embassy remain suspended due to the global COVID-19 pandemic.
Actions to Take:
- Stay alert in locations frequented by tourists/Westerners.
- Avoid crowds.
- Keep a low profile.
- U.S. Embassy Abidjan BP 730 Abidjan Cidex 03
Republic of Cote d’Ivoire
U.S. Citizens with emergencies: (+225) 27 22 49 4000
Outside of Embassy Hours: (+225) 27 22 49 4450
- State Department – Bureau of Consular Affairs
+1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Cote d’Ivoire Country Information
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter