Location: U.S. Embassy, Riviera Golf and neighborhoods in the vicinity of the U.S. Embassy, specifically:
- The Riviera 2 and Boulevard des Martyrs – 2 Plateaux areas.
There are reports of small groups of demonstrators moving about the Riviera 2 and Boulevard des Martyrs-2 Plateaux areas, with reports of tires set on fire and security forces firing tear gas to disperse protestors.
U.S. government personnel have been instructed to avoid non-essential movements on streets in and around U.S. Embassy neighborhoods and to and from the U.S. Embassy.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid areas adjacent to the northern and northeast border region.
- Monitor local media for breaking events, and adjust your plans based on new information.
- Stay alert in locations frequented by Westerners.
- Carry a copy of your passport and visa and leave originals in your hotel safe.
- Review the Crime and Safety Report for Cote d’Ivoire.
- Review the Traveler’s Checklist and have contingency plans for emergency situations.
- U.S. Embassy Abidjan
BP 730 Abidjan Cidex 03
Republic of Cote d’Ivoire
U.S. Citizens with emergencies: (+225) 2249 4103
Outside of Embassy Hours: (+225) 2249 4450
- State Department – Consular Affairs: +1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Cote d’Ivoire Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter