Security Alert: Potential for Continued Unrest (10 November 2020)
Location: Cote d’Ivoire
Event: The security situation throughout Cote d’Ivoire remains fluid in the post-election period with the possibility of unrest and/or intercommunal clashes around the country. Supporters of the political opposition, the current government, and/or others may call for further demonstrations, some of which could turn violent.
The restrictions on U.S. government non-essential, in-country travel outside of Abidjan and Grand Bassam have been extended through November 17, 2020.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid crowds.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Review your personal security plans.
- U.S. Embassy Abidjan BP 730 Abidjan Cidex 03 Republic of Cote d’Ivoire
- U.S. Citizens with emergencies: (+225) 2249 4000
- Outside of Embassy Hours: (+225) 2249 4450
- AbjAmcit@state.gov, https://ci.usembassy.gov/
- State Department – Bureau of Consular Affairs: +1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Cote d’Ivoire Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter