Security Alert: Country-wide Demonstrations
Security Alert: Country-wide Demonstrations (9 November, 2020)
Location: Cote d’Ivoire
Event: Clashes are occurring between security forces and protestors in the Anono neighborhood of Abidjan on Rue des Ambassades from Anono Market intersection to Riviera-2. Tear gas is being used. Civil unrest has also occurred in the Yopougon neighborhood of Abidjan.
Recent calls by political opposition figures and students for protests may result in sporadic incidents of civil unrest throughout Abidjan and the country, including Yamoussoukro, Toumoudi, Abengourou, Sikensi, and Daoukro.
Actions to Take:
- Avoid the area.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Avoid crowds.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Review your personal security plans.
- U.S. Embassy Abidjan BP 730 Abidjan Cidex 03 Republic of Cote d’Ivoire
- U.S. Citizens with emergencies: (+225) 2249 4000
- Outside of Embassy Hours: (+225) 2249 4450
- AbjAmcit@state.gov, https://ci.usembassy.gov/
- State Department – Bureau of Consular Affairs: +1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Cote d’Ivoire Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter