Message for U.S. Citizens – U.S. Embassy Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Location: Cote d’Ivoire
The Ministry of Health in Cote d’Ivoire has announced 72 cases of COVID19 to date.
The Ministry of Security announced March 25 that all travel outside of Abidjan will be prohibited starting at midnight tonight. The Embassy is working with the Ivorian government to facilitate travel of U.S. citizens for departure flights.
The U.S. Embassy continues to work to make a direct, commercial flight available to U.S. citizens who wish to return to the United States and are unable to do so due to disruptions in aviation caused by the Covid19 pandemic. No flights have been finalized at this time, but a notice will be sent to all registrants of the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP), and publicly shared, when more details, including departure day and time, as well as ticket pricing, becomes available.
Additional flight and evacuation options are being considered if the direct, commercial flight option is not successful.
We will continue to update our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Cote d’Ivoire; we encourage you to visit frequently.
Please see the Department of State’s Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
Actions to Take:
- Respect local Ivorian laws, including curfew and closures.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States. Please be sure to confirm which U.S. airports are currently accepting international travelers.
- U.S. Embassy Abidjan
BP 730 Abidjan Cidex 03
Republic of Cote d’Ivoire
U.S. Citizens with emergencies: (+225) 2249 4103
Outside of Embassy Hours: (+225) 2249 4450
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Cote d’Ivoire Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter