Location: Cote d’Ivoire
The U.S. Embassy is working to make a direct, commercial flight available to U.S. citizens who wish to return to the United States and are unable to do so at this time due to disruptions in aviation caused by the Covid19 pandemic. No flights have been finalized at this time, but a notice will be sent to all registrants of the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP), and publicly shared, when more details, including departure day and time, as well as ticket pricing, becomes available.
In addition, at this time limited flights on Air France may also be available. It is advisable to have secured onward travel to the United States before purchasing flights through Europe. Passengers traveling through Europe may be subject to quarantine restrictions.
Please see the Department of State’s Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 2 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice.
Actions to Take:
- Respect local Ivorian laws, including curfew and closures.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Cote d’Ivoire.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States. Please be sure to confirm which U.S. airports are currently accepting international travelers.
· U.S. Embassy Abidjan
BP 730 Abidjan Cidex 03
Republic of Cote d’Ivoire
U.S. Citizens with emergencies: (+225) 2249 4103
Outside of Embassy Hours: (+225) 2249 4450
· State Department – Consular Affairs