As of April 9, the Government of Cote d’Ivoire has confirmed 444 cases of COVID-19 within its borders.
The Presidency of Cote d’Ivoire announced the following new measures in order to control the pandemic:
- Face masks or cloth face coverings are mandatory when in public in Abidjan.
- Vulnerable populations, including the elderly and those with chronic health conditions, should remain home.
- Travel from Abidjan to other cities is severely restricted. Those requiring passes for exceptional circumstances can request one online.
To date, the United States Embassy has no immediate plans for an additional repatriation flight. If one becomes available, it will be announced via a consular alert message.
Actions to Take:
- Respect local Ivorian laws, including curfew and closures.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- If you are sick with COVID-like symptoms, call your health care provider or Cote d’Ivoire’s COVID hotline at 143 or 101. Do not go directly to a health center.
- For the most recent information on the COVID-19 pandemic, and what you can do to protect yourself and others, please visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Cote d’Ivoire.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States. Please be sure to confirm which U.S. airports are currently accepting international travelers.
- U.S. Embassy Abidjan
BP 730 Abidjan Cidex 03
Republic of Cote d’Ivoire
U.S. Citizens with emergencies: (+225) 2249 4103
Outside of Embassy Hours: (+225) 2249 4450
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Cote d’Ivoire Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter