Message for U.S. Citizens: Holiday Closure and Travel Restrictions
Message for U.S. Citizens: Holiday Closure and Travel Restrictions (28 October, 2020)
Location: Cote d’Ivoire
Event: The U.S. Embassy will be closed on October 29, 2020 in observance of Prophet Muhammad’s Birthday (Maouloud) and will re-open on October 30, 2020.
Effective October 29, 2020, non-essential travel by U.S. government personnel is restricted outside of Abidjan until November 7, 2020.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Maintain a low profile.
- Avoid demonstrations.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Review your personal security plans.
- U.S. Embassy Abidjan BP 730 Abidjan Cidex 03
Republic of Cote d’Ivoire
U.S. Citizens with emergencies: (+225) 2249 4000
Outside of Embassy Hours: (+225) 2249 4450 AbjAmcit@state.gov, https://ci.usembassy.gov/
- State Department – Bureau of Consular Affairs: +1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Cote d’Ivoire Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter