Health Alert: U.S. Embassy Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Location: Cote d’Ivoire
Event: As of June 28, 2020, the Ivoirian Ministry of Health confirmed a total of 9,101 COVID-19 cases in the country, including 66 deaths and 3,808 recoveries, leaving 5,227 active cases. The country has seen higher daily averages of new cases through the month of June, the highest being 430 new cases confirmed on June 19. The Cocody-Bingerville and Treichville-Marcory districts continue to have the highest infection rates.
On June 25, Cote d’Ivoire’s land border closure, State of Emergency, and the isolation of the Greater Abidjan region were extended by the National Security Council of Cote d’Ivoire through July 15, 2020. Bars, clubs and other entertainment venues are also to remain closed in Abidjan and gatherings remain limited to 50 or fewer individuals.
Domestic air services resumed on June 26. For more information, consult the website of Air Cote d’Ivoire at https://www.aircotedivoire.com/infos-pratiques/info-covid-19/. The government also announced that some international flights will be permitted to resume after July 1. Additional clarification is still expected from the Ministry of Transport further detailing these plans and when intercontinental flights will begin. Check directly with commercial airlines for the latest operational information. The Embassy does not anticipate organizing an additional repatriation flight to the United States at this time.
U.S. Embassy Abidjan Consular Operations: The consular section remains closed for routine services, including routine passport renewals and Consular Reports of Birth Abroad (CRBA). Both non-immigrant and immigrant visa services also remain suspended. If you are a U.S. citizen requiring assistance, including requesting an emergency passport, please contact us by e-mail at ABJAmCit@state.gov. Emergency passports may be issued for individuals who have urgent travel or other compelling need to replace their expiring identification documents.
Actions to Take:
- Respect local Ivoirian laws and health guidelines. Visit the local government COVID-19 website http://www.gouv.ci/Main2.php for updated information.
- If you are sick with COVID-like symptoms, call your health care provider or Cote d’Ivoire’s COVID hotline at 143, 101, 125 or 119.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on COVID-19 and how to protect yourself and others.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on local conditions in Cote d’Ivoire.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Abidjan
U.S. Citizens with emergencies: (+225) 2249 4103
Outside of Embassy Hours: (+225) 2249 4450
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Côte d’Ivoire Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter