Health Alert: U.S. Embassy Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire
Location: Cote d’Ivoire
Event: Certain COVID-19 Restrictions Lifted
The government of Cote d’Ivoire announced the following changes to its COVID-19 restrictions:
- The curfew in the Greater Abidjan region is lifted effective May 15.
- Restaurants and maquis will be permitted to re-open on May 15 but are expected to follow strict social distancing and hygiene guidelines. Bars, night clubs, cinemas and entertainment venues will remain closed through May 31.
- The prior restriction on gatherings of more than 50 people has been increased to 200 people.
- Primary and secondary schools as well as universities in the Greater Abidjan region will begin re-opening on May 25.
- Travel to and from the Greater Abidjan region to the interior of the country remains restricted through May 31.
The National Security Council of Cote d’Ivoire decided to maintain the State of Emergency throughout the country and the border closure until May 31. The U.S. Embassy urges U.S. citizens to continue to adhere scrupulously to personal precautions, such as wearing a face covering, practicing physical distancing, as well as frequent and thorough hand washing.
Actions to Take:
- Respect local Ivorian laws and health guidelines. Visit the local government COVID-19 website for updated information.
- If you are sick with COVID-like symptoms, call your health care provider or Cote d’Ivoire’s COVID hotline at 143, 101, 119, or 125. Do not go directly to a health center.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information on COVID-19 and how to protect yourself and others.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Cote d’Ivoire.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis website on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States. Please be sure to confirm which U.S. airports are currently accepting international travelers.
- U.S. Embassy Abidjan
BP 730 Abidjan Cidex 03
Republic of Cote d’Ivoire
U.S. Citizens with emergencies: (+225) 2249 4103
Outside of Embassy Hours: (+225) 2249 4450
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
- Cote d’Ivoire Country Information
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter