Workshop in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
- Up to 25 participants will be selected
- A three-day workshop from 24-26 February 2016 (full-day commitment each day)
- Applications due 24 January 2016 by e-mail to GISTVillage@gistnetwork.org
- Travel support available for selected participants from outside of Abidjan
Successful entrepreneurship ecosystems require full participation from society: inventors and entrepreneurs, partners and investors, multinational companies and small enterprises. To capture this, the workshop will admit a diverse group of participants including established tech entrepreneurs running small and medium enterprises, inventors with new ideas to bring to market, and advanced entrepreneurial professionals working in large technology corporations.
This workshop will provide Science and Technology (S&T) entrepreneurs with advanced networking resources and strategies to expand their entrepreneurship network and support their current or future business ventures. The workshop will incorporate presentation, discussion, hands-on exercises, and analysis of real world entrepreneur success stories to enable participants to:
- Adopt advanced strategies to develop an expanded entrepreneurship networking action plan;
- Launch their networking action plan to accelerate their entrepreneurship through new partnership, mentoring, market development, and investment from network members;
- Act as leaders and mentors within the Côte d’Ivoire entrepreneurship community;
- Apply new networking and entrepreneurship strategies to build ties and augment resources from outside of Côte d’Ivoire; and
- Plan their own workshops to pass on knowledge gained.
Entrepreneurship Networking Action Plan
Participants will develop their own networking action plan to implement after the workshop. Using this plan, all participants will be challenged to reach “60 in 6”: each participant will aim to bring 60 new people into their entrepreneurship network within 6 months. The participant who creates the largest network within 6 months will receive a reward.
Apply for the Workshop
Interested entrepreneurs should e-mail the Expression of Interest Form (PDF 600 KB) to GISTVillage@gistnetwork.org by January 24th 2016. To be eligible to participate, a person must be
- A citizen and resident of Côte d’Ivoire;
- Currently engaged in technology innovation or a tech-based business; and
- Be able to fully attend each workshop day from February 24th – 26th 2016 in Abidjan
The GIST Women’s Village Workshops are a program of the Global Innovation through Science and Technology (GIST) Initiative. The GIST Initiative consists of programs aimed to empower young innovators through networking, skills building, mentoring, and access to financing to develop startup solutions that address economic and development challenges. The GIST Women’s Village Workshops series will be held throughout Africa to provide Science and Technology entrepreneurs with networking skills to create vibrant entrepreneurship networks and accelerate their entrepreneurship. These workshops are an initiative from the U.S. Department of State and are organized by the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS).
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
The workshop can accommodate up to 25 participants. We will accept a diverse and experienced group of science and technology entrepreneurs who can benefit from the workshop and who have rich knowledge to share with each other.
By submitting your Expression of Interest, you affirm that you are able to attend the workshop in Abidjan from 24-26 February 2016, and are ready to accept the “60 in 6” challenge to bring 60 new people into your entrepreneurship network within 6 months using the knowledge gained from this workshop. If selected, participants from outside of Abidjan may receive support for travel, meals, and lodging.
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FORM (PDF 600 KB)
To download and read these PDF documents, please download Adobe Reader.