Building Community Cohesion through Radio
The U.S. Embassy Abidjan of the U.S. Department of State announces an open competition for organizations to submit applications to create and broadcast radio programs that foster peace and community cohesion in northern Côte d’Ivoire.
U.S. Embassy Abidjan intends to issue 1-2 awards for a period of 12 months. The Department of State will entertain applications for continuation grants funded under these awards beyond the initial budget period on a non-competitive basis subject to availability of funds, satisfactory progress of the program, and a determination that continued funding would be in the best interest of the U.S. Department of State.
- Embassy Abidjan will begin accepting applications on July 17, 2023.
- The deadline for submitting proposals is COB August 18, 2023.
- Email applications to email@example.com. Application packages must include the following three forms:
More information is available here: DOS-AF-ABIDJAN-YEAR-FY23-of-FY22-01
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Question: Our organization has more than 10 years of experience, an exhaustive list would extend even beyond the 10-page maximum requirement for the entire proposal. Will you accept a list of relevant previous grants within the last ten years?
- Answer: Yes, please submit the most relevant experience within the last 10 years.
- Question: Regarding hours of programming, can this include an hour-long program that is repeated throughout the week?
- Answer: No, projects are expected to release 3 hours of original programming per week.
- Question: We are an international organization that works in West Africa. We are a US-registered nonprofit organization based in Washington, DC. We are not locally registered in Côte d’Ivoire. Is local registration a requirement or expectation?
- Answer: Both US and Ivorian-registered NGOs are eligible to apply. Entities conducting activities in Cote d’Ivoire must do so in accordance with Ivorian law.
- Question: How many community radio stations would you like or do you expect this project to engage with?
- Answer: The objective is to reach the largest number of Northern residents as possible through either the number or radio stations participating or the reach of those stations.
- Question: Is there a French version of the announcement?
- Answer: The announcement is currently available in English, and all application materials must be submitted in English.