The Information Section of the United States Embassy in Abidjan Cote d’Ivoire is charged with providing comprehensive, relevant, and timely information on American foreign policy and relevant global events to Ivoirians. This effort to engage and inform is achieved through myriad outreach initiatives that span the spectrum from face to face outreach to electronic information distribution. Yet, each endeavor remains grounded in the strong belief that access to information is the lifeblood of democratic societies and mutual understanding in our foreign relations.
The following represent the normal range of activities conducted by the Information Section:
- Press releases, media advisories, and other media information are written and distributed by the Section
- Press conferences and interviews are organized on important subjects with Embassy officials and visiting dignitaries
- Digital Video Conferences and teleconferences are frequently organized with journalists on current events
- The Information Section is the primary point of contact for all media inquiries regarding the Embassy and American/Ivoirian policies
- Visits by Ivoirian journalists to the United States are organized via a variety of exchange programs throughout the year.
- The Embassy web site and social media accounts are managed by the Information Section