The American Center has a growing CD-ROM collection on a diverse range of topics related to the United States and the MPP Themes.
The American Center has access to major online databases in the United States.
- Factiva Access to over 6,000 full text periodicals as well as major news sources such as Reuters wires, the Wall Street Journal and the New York Times. In many regions, Factiva provides strong host country news (requires password).
- Galenet Covers databases including: Encyclopedia of Associations, Contemporary Authors, Gale Business Resources, Gale Database of Publications and Broadcast Media, Research Centers and Services Directories, Gale Directory of Databases, Biography & Genealogy Master Index (requires password).
- Lexis The first commercial full-text legal information service, began 1973 to help legal practitioners research the law more efficiently (requires password).
- Nexis Provides full-text access to news and business information from U.S. and overseas publications (requires password).
- ProQuest Provides access to an extensive collection of newspapers, journals, periodicals, magazines, and other information sources (requires password).
- FirstSearch provides access to 35 professional and scientific databases such as Medline (requires password).
The American Center subscribes to approximately 20 hard copy periodicals covering a wide range of subject areas. The American Center orders the following magazines and specialized periodicals for in-house consultation :
- American Economic Review
- American Heritage
- American Journalism Review
- American Literature
- American Visions
- Art in America
- Black Enterprise
- Business Week
- Current History
- Foreign Affairs
- Foreign Policy
- Harvard Business Review
- International Herald Tribune
- Information Outlook
- Library Journal
- U.S. News and World Report
The American Center maintains a book circulating collection of over 4,400 volumes. The American Center is constantly adding to its collection.